- Be a full-time high school student
- Have recommendation from the high school guidance counselor
- Have the consent of their parent or guardian
- Have a B or better academic average or permission from the high school guidance counselor
- Be a resident of the state of Maine
- Meet academic course prerequisites, if any
- Be attending a state-eligible secondary school or state-approved homeschool
Note: The Department of Education suggests students must maintain a minimum secondary school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent of a “B” average unless the University grants a waiver. Juniors and seniors with a GPA below 3.0 or “B” average may be granted a waiver with the support of the guidance counselor and Early College Coordinator. The Department of Education does allow qualified freshmen and sophomores to access Early College funding through the Aspirations Program. Maine’s Public Universities will follow DOE guidelines, but priority will be given to juniors and seniors.