We want our students to excel, and that means supporting them from all angles. UMaine Dining provides nutrition services through a Nutrition Support Manager. These services are offered to any student with a meal plan.
Meet our Registered Dietitian
Our Registered Dietitian is a food and nutrition expert who can provide counseling, guidance, and solutions to help students create or maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dara provides confidential, free nutrition counseling for students with a meal plan.
Dara received her Bachelors and Masters of Science from the University of Maine’s Food Science and Human Nutrition program. She worked in Dining Services for five years as a student and is excited to continue contributing to the University community.
Counseling services include assistance with:
- Healthy eating
- Weight management
- Vegetarian and vegan lifestyles
- Food allergies and intolerance
- Religious diet requirements
- Referral services to appropriate staff on campus
- Medical Nutrition Therapy assessment followed by counseling to help treat a specific illness or condition, including