We want our students to excel, and that means supporting them from all angles. UMaine Dining provides nutrition services through a Nutrition Support Manager. These services are offered to any student with a meal plan.
Meet our Registered Dietitian
Our Registered Dietitian is a food and nutrition expert who can provide counseling, guidance, and solutions to help students create or maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dara provides confidential, free nutrition counseling for students at the University.
Dara received her Bachelors and Masters of Science from the University of Maine’s Food Science and Human Nutrition program. She worked in Dining Services for five years as a student and is excited to continue contributing to the University community.
Counseling services include assistance with:
- Healthy eating
- Weight management
- Vegetarian and vegan lifestyles
- Food allergies and intolerance
- Religious diet requirements
- Referral services to appropriate staff on campus
- Medical Nutrition Therapy assessment followed by counseling to help treat a specific illness or condition, including