A community that nurtures and inspires all members to pursue their fullest potential.
To promote health, engagement and success
We believe all people have equal intrinsic value and will engage and thrive in a community where they feel safe, respected and a sense of belonging.
- Initiate and provide individual and group services for the academic, career, and personal development of students.
- Promote and provide education, prevention and outreach activities, and crisis intervention services programs for students.
- Coordinate referrals and access to resources for academic skill and learning enhancement, safety, mental health treatment and personal success.
- Improve the living and learning environment through consultation, training, and community interventions.
The objectives of the Counseling Center are met through six program components:
- Individual, Group, & Couples Psychotherapy and Psychiatric Services
- Masters Level Internship Program in Clinical and Outreach
- Doctoral Internship in Clinical/Counseling Psychology
- Post-Doctoral/Advanced Clinical Fellow Training Program
- Consultation Services for students, staff & faculty
- Outreach, Education & Collaboration with students groups and other departments
The Counseling Center is fully accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services (IACS). The Doctoral Internship Program in Clinical and Counseling Psychology is fully accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) under the auspices of the Association of Psychology Post-Doctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC).