Resources for Veterans
Our student veterans are important to us! We want to support you however we can. If you haven’t already, be sure to connect with the UMaine VETS Office for helpful information on financial aid and course related concerns to off-campus mental health resources and veteran-friendly staff and faculty at UMaine.
Following are additional resources that may be of help to you:
- The Veterans Knowledge Community is the national leader in supporting the generation and dissemination of knowledge in support of the college success of student veterans.
- Give an Hour’s mission is to develop national networks of volunteers capable of responding to both acute and chronic conditions that arise within our society
- Get more training in how to help veterans through Give an Hour’s “Got Your 6” campaign.
- Facebook has pages for veterans and active servicemembers, whether you’re interested in training, support or community.
- Learn skills to better manage your anger or irritability, plus other online resources by the VA.
- Prevail Health is a leader in technology-based behavioral health and resilience building for a wide range of challenges from depression to PTSD to substance abuse.
- Bare the Burden Project offers veterans an anonymous community to connect to other veterans with similar experiences.
- The Veteran Writing project provides no-cost writing seminars and workshops for veterans, service members, and their adult family members to help them tell their story.
- The Mission Continues empowers veterans facing the challenge of adjusting to life at home to find new missions.
- The mission of Warrior Gateway is to provide a virtual community center where servicemembers and veterans can connect with each other and with their local community.
- The Recovery Village provides resources for veterans struggling with substance abuse.