University of Maine Film Festival
University of Maine Conferences & Institutes would like to invite you to join us for a one-day documentary film festival in the Business School’s Donald P. Corbett (DPC) Building, room 100, on Dec 7th from 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. We will be showcasing films submitted by students from local schools, University students and professional film makers. Admission is free and refreshments and light fare will be provided during intermission.
Do you like to tell stories through film-making?
Would you like to see your film played on the big screen?
Film submission age categories are:
- K-8th grade
- 9th-12th grade
- College level and above
Your film must meet the following requirements:
- Films made in Maine (i.e. video location is geographically in Maine)
- Films about Maine (i.e. topic can be about industries of Maine, locations around Maine, etc)
- Filmmaker lives in Maine or is a Maine native
- Film can be a 5 minute short film, to a full length feature
- Submission must include a short statement about the film (200-300 words)
Entries will be judged on:
- Editing Skills
- Technological Accomplishments
- Character Development
Films submitted via FilmFreeway below. Submission is free. Winning films will be eligible for prizes. The submission deadline is October 31, 2019. Winners will be notified by November 22, 2019.
Please submit your film here! FilmFreeway/UMaine
Thank you to the University of Maine Foundation and the generous support from the Alton ’38 and Adelaide Hamm Campus Activity Fund. Without their support this event would not be possible.