Facilities and Resources
Conley Speech, Language and Hearing Center
The Madelyn E. and Albert D. Conley Speech, Language and Hearing Center, located in Dunn Hall at the University of Maine, is a center for clinical education and research as well as a facility for comprehensive state-of-the art speech, language and hearing services. Both the Audiology Clinic and the Speech-Language Clinic provide services for individuals across the lifespan. We also offer services throughout the state via our Speech Therapy Telepractice Program.
- Provides speech, language and audiological services to the university community and the general public.
- Collaborates with professionals and agencies serving individuals with speech, language or hearing disorders.
- Promotes public education and awareness of the nature, treatment and prevention of speech, language or hearing disorders.
- Encompasses a strong research focus, with faculty and students investigating the nature of communication disorders and related treatment practices.
- Maintains a client and family-centered approach, working closely with family members, caregivers and other service providers in the client’s life to provide comprehensive, individualized and functional services.
- Has experienced, well-recognized faculty who provide a rich state-of-the-art clinical teaching environment that benefits both students and clients; all faculty involved in clinical education hold the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in either Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).