The Graduate Business Certificate program is designed for students interested in gaining advanced skills in business. This Certificate provides professional-level education in advanced business topics such as Finance, Management, or Business Law.
The Graduate Business Certificate program is offered 100% online. For many students, the Certificate serves as a pathway toward admission to the MaineMBA; graduate-level courses taken in the Certificate may transfer to the MaineMBA, upon admission.
Graduate Certificate Curriculum
Students complete two (2) foundation courses*:
- Intro to Managerial and Financial Accounting (BUA 400)
- Intro to Micro and Macroeconomics (ECO 410)
Students should choose three (3) courses from the MaineMBA core curriculum:
- Statistical Analysis and Modeling for Organizational Operations (BUA 601)
- Creating & Capturing Value in the Digital Economy (BUA 605)
- Financial Statement Analysis (BUA 609)
- Law, Business and Society (BUA 620)
- Management of Contemporary Organizations (BUA 626)
- Managerial Marketing (BUA 645)
- Management Policy (BUA 649)
- Financial Management (BUA 651)
* Students who have completed equivalent courses in the past may substitute these two (2) foundation courses with two (2) additional selections from the core curriculum.
All applicants should submit:
- Completed online application
- Contact information for two professional recommendations
- Transcripts of all previous college or university work
- $65 application fee
International students will also submit:
- TOEFL or IELTS scores. Waived for native English speakers and students graduating from an English-speaking or ESL programs.
- WES or ECE certified transcript translation.
- Certificate of Finances
International applicants should also review the Office of International Programs page for more information on Visas, financial statements, and other requirements, or to contact an international student advisor. International three-year degree holders are considered for admission to the Graduate School of Business. All applicants are considered on a case-by-case basis. Three-year degree holders are encouraged to apply.
Recommenders should be able to comment on your academic strengths, work ethic, responsibilities, accomplishments, career advancement, managerial experience, or ability to be successful in the MaineMBA.
Application fees are waived for:
- Graduates of University of Maine System Schools
- Veterans of the US Armed Forces
- Fulbright Scholars
- Participants in select programs (eg. IRT/McNair)