Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
The Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics is designed for students interested in gaining essential analytical skills to make data-driven business decisions by capitalizing on rich data resources. This certificate provides professional-level education in leveraging big data through advanced analytical tools such as data visualization, predictive modeling, and machine learning/artificial intelligence. This certificate is a stand-alone credential or can be combined with the MaineMBA. Some graduate-level courses taken in the certificate program may transfer to the MaineMBA upon admission.
Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics Curriculum:
Business Foundation Course
- Prior coursework with a grade of B- or better in an undergraduate-level statistics course covering topics through linear regression is required. Students without foundation coursework will take one additional online courses to fulfill this requirement prior to taking any Business Analytics courses.
Two Required Courses* (6 credits):
- BUA 680 Foundations of Business Intelligence and Analytics
- BUA 681 Data Management & Business Analytics
Three Business Analytics Electives (9 credits):
- Information Visualization
- Predictive Analysis
- Market Research and Analysis
- Advanced Econometrics and Applications
- Data Pre-Processing for Business Analytics
- Business Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- Problem Formulation and Decision Analysis
* Students who have completed equivalent course work in the past may substitute this core course with an additional selection from the analytics electives.
All applicants should submit:
- Completed online application
- Contact information for two professional recommendations
- Transcripts of all previous college or university work
- $35 application fee
International students will also submit:
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores such as TOEFL or IELTS scores. Test requirements are waived for native English speakers and students graduating from an English-speaking or ESL program. Read more about the test requirements here.
- WES or ECE certified transcript translation
- Certificate of Finances
- Copy of Passport or Visa
International applicants should also review the Office of International Programs page for more information on Visas, financial statements, and other requirements, or to contact an international student advisor. International three-year degree holders are considered for admission to the Graduate School of Business. All applicants are considered on a case-by-case basis. Three-year degree holders are encouraged to apply.
Recommenders should be able to comment on your academic strengths, work ethic, responsibilities, accomplishments, career advancement, managerial experience, or ability to be successful in the MaineMBA.
Application fees are waived for:
- Graduates of University of Maine System Schools
- Veterans of the US Armed Forces
- Members of any State of Maine Chamber of Commerce
- MaineMBA Preferred Partners employees
- Fulbright Scholars
- Participants in select programs (eg. IRT/McNair)