Dr. C. Matt Graham, Ph.D.
Dr. C. Matt Graham,
Assistant Professor of Management Information Systems
Phone: (207) 581-1946
Address: University of Maine, Maine Business School, 5723 DP Corbett Business Building, Room 330, Orono, ME 04469-5723
- BUA 235: Information Systems and Technology for Business
- BUA 367: Databases for Decison-making
- BUA 363: Network Design and Applications
Skills / Technical Expertise
Database Design and Development, Oracle 11g & 12c, SQL, Relational Database Design, SAP Practical Analytics & SAP BW on HANA 7.5, LAN & WAN Computer Networking and Design
Ph.D., Information Systems, Nova Southeastern University, Ms.Ed., (Business Education) Southern NH University, BS, (Business Administration) Husson University
SAP Certified Instructor
Maine Business School 2017 / 2018 Excellence in Teaching Award
Recipient of UMaine’s 2011 Faculty Technology Stipend for developing an in-class SMS text messaging system to increase student engagement in large classes
NTSP/NSA Recognition Award for being Supportive of Commuter and Nontraditional Students
My research interests revolve around discovering best practices in managing virtual teams using collaboration technologies including social media, instant messaging, and electronic virtual assistants (EVAs). My research approach is an empirical process that has investigated relationships between leadership types, technical proficiency, and commitment types impact on virtual team effectiveness, cohesiveness, and project quality.
Graham, C., & Jones, N. (2019). Impact of a Social Network Messaging App on Team Cohesiveness and Quality of Completed Team Projects in an Undergraduate Team Project. Journal of Educational Technology Systems, 0047239518821937.
Daniel, H., Graham, C., & Doore, B. (2017). Virtual Teamwork and Commitments Impact on Project Quality. International Journal of e-Collaboration. 13(4), 42-58.
Graham, C.M., & Daniel, H. (2017). Millennial’s Virtual Teamwork and Technical Proficiencies Impact on Project Quality: Is Commitment required in Virtual Team Projects? International Journal of e-Collaboration. 13(1), 10-26.
Graham, C., & Jones, N. B. (2016). Intelligent Virtual Assistant’s Impact on Technical Proficiency within Virtual Teams. International Journal of Virtual and Personal Learning Environments (IJVPLE),6(1), 41-61.
Graham, C.M., Daniel, H., & Doore, B. (2016). Millennial Teamwork and Technical Proficiency’s Impact on Virtual Team Effectiveness: Implications for Business Educators and Leaders.International Journal of e-Collaboration. 12(3): 34-50.
Jones, N. & Graham, C.M. (2015). Virtual Teams in Business and Distance Education: Reflections from a MBA Class. Journal of Business and Economic Policy. 2(1): 49-59.
Graham, C.M., Daniel, H., & Doore, B. (2015). Millennial Leadership: The Oppositional Relationship between Leadership Type and the Quality of Database System’s Development in Virtual Environments. International Journal of e-Collaboration. 11(3): 29-48.
Graham, C.M., Anchors, S., & Doore, B. (2012). Student Learning Preferences and SMS Text Messaging: A Web 2.0 Large Classroom Engagement System. International Journal of Information and Communication Technology Research. 2(8): 638-645.
Graham, C.M. & Jones, N. (2011). Cognitive Dissonance Theory and Distance Education: Faculty Perceptions on the Efficacy of and Resistance to Distance Education. International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology. 2(3): 212-227.
Peer-Reviewed Book Chapter
- Jones, N. & Graham, C.M. (2009). Improving Hybrid Course Delivery in Distance Education with Emerging Technologies. In Y.K. (1st Ed.) Learning Management System Technologies and Software Solutions for Online Teaching: Tools and Applications. Hershey, PA: IGI Publishing
- Jones, N. & Graham, C.M. (2012) Trends in Distance Education. In Y.K. (2nd Ed.) Learning Management Systems. Hershey, PA:IGI Publishing
Graham, C. M. (2012). MIS for the Business Student: A Technical Use and Development Guide. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt Publishing Company.
Graham, C.M. (2010). HIPAA and HITECH Compliance: An Exploratory Study of Healthcare Facilities Ability to Protect Patient Health Information. Proceedings of the 2010 Northeast Business and Economics Association (NBEA). Montclair, NJ. (Accepted).
- Graham, C.M. (2015) Millennial Teamwork: Technical Proficiency’s Impact on Virtual Team Effectiveness and the Emergence of a New Contributing Factor for Success within Virtual Teams. The U.S. Annual conference of the International Academy of Business. Washington D.C. April 2015
- Graham, C.M. (2104) Leadership for Systems Development in Virtual Spaces. The U.S. Annual conference of the International Academy of Business. Washington D.C. November 2014
- Graham, C.M. & Jones, N (2011). Faculty Perceptions on the Efficacy of Distance Education and Why are they still so Resistant? The 2nd Annual New England Regional Sloan-C Conference presentation. Portland, ME. May 18th, 2011
- Graham, C. M. & Miaoulis, G. (2010).Web 2.0 Social Networking Technologies & Student Engagement: An Evaluation of an In-Class Question-Answer SMS Text Messaging System. The U.S. annual conference of the International Academy of Business. Las Vegas, NV. May 9th – May 12th, 2010
- Jones, N. & Graham, C.M. (2009). Strategies and Emerging Technologies for Improving Hybrid Course Delivery in Distance Education. The 1st New England Regional Sloan-C Conference presentation. Portland, ME. Oct. 30th, 2009
- Co-Editor of the International Academy of Business Review. Two-year appointment beginning January, 2014.
- Editor, Strategic Management and Leadership for Systems Development in Virtual Spaces Hershey, PA: IGI Publishing. (Forthcoming in summer of 2015)
Professional Service / Consulting
September 2018 to present, Serve on Board of Directors of NAMI Maine
January 2015 to present, Serves on the Board of Directors for OHI, Inc.
May 2014 to present, Redesigned and Upgraded Pawn Shop Database Management Systems for Coastal Trading & Pawn’s 6 stores. (Auburn, Augusta, Brunswick, Lewiston, and 2 stores in Portland).
July 2013 to present, Developed and continue to maintain a Web Application for CUSO Mortgage Corp that captures new mortgage applicant data and forwards that information to a cloud-based database system. This information system is used by 21 credit unions throughout Maine and New Hampshire.
July 2013 to present, Developed and Maintain CUSO Mortgage Corp.’s company Intranet used for in-house communication, document management, and project management.