Landry is a performance analyst with Prime, Buchholz & Associates

Recent MBS graduate Drew Landry ’15 is a performance analyst with Prime, Buchholz & Associates in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

“I couldn’t be happier,” said Landry, a native of Saco, who earned a degree in finance. “My responsibilities include calculating and reconciling investment valuations, transactions and performance for equity, fixed income, hedge fund and private equity investments. The job is stimulating and exciting and provides an opportunity to continue to learn. Each day poses a new challenge involving the critical-thinking and problem-solving skills I honed at the Maine Business School.”

Landry said he constantly refers back to the lessons he learned in his MBS classes including financial institutions, corporate finance, and investment strategy. “The MBS academic program was designed with the real world in mind,” he said. “The classes are practical, yet challenging in a way that helps you learn in the most efficient manner. That type of learning, along with the focus on up-to-date, relevant issues, has prepared me to take on workplace challenges.”

“My MBS education also provided a solid base for my job interview. I was able to demonstrate how much I have learned — not just in finance, but in other areas like analytical and critical thinking as well as problem solving.” Landry said he appreciated the resources MBS offers to help students succeed. “Supportive and knowledgeable professors like Pankaj Agrrawal, Richard Borgman and lecturer William Farrell, as well as SPIFFY — the student-run investment club — and the new Gerard S. Cassidy ’80 Capital Markets Training Laboratory provide students with opportunities to excel inside and outside the classroom and to prepare themselves for life after graduation.”