Tarsetti joins Bangor Savings accelerated leadership program.

New MBS graduate Matthew Tarsetti ’15 is participating in an accelerated leadership program at Bangor Savings Bank in which he is getting five to seven years of business banking experience in just two years. As a commercial credit development associate, he is one of four recent college graduates from across Maine who is rotating through various functional areas of the bank while learning the art of business banking.

“This leadership program affords me the opportunity to learn from some of the most talented and successful bankers in Maine,” Tarsetti said. “After completing our first six-week rotation serving on teller lines across the Bangor branches, we are now in our second rotation in marketing and customer experience.  “My daily activities also involve such things as completing administrative tasks, meeting with my designated mentor who is extremely knowledgeable and helpful to my growth as a banker, and spending time at the Bangor Area Homeless Shelter in keeping with the bank’s community-oriented culture,” said the Saco, Maine native who majored in finance and management at MBS.

Tarsetti entered the leadership program feeling confident and prepared thanks to his business education. “I graduated from MBS with a great business foundation as well as the leadership, networking and management skills that are valuable for both the workplace and my personal life,” he said. “My professors were wonderful teachers who cared about academics as well as about our well-being. They were excellent role models who demonstrated the importance of hard work, business ethics and community involvement. MBS is small enough so that I got to really know my professors, but large enough to have the resources — such as the new Gerard S. Cassidy ’80 Capital Markets Training Laboratory — that gives us real-world experience.”