What We Do
Based on the foundational premise that the primary purpose of the assessment process is to improve student learning, the Office of Assessment’s scope of responsibility contains the following:
- Program Assessment
- General Education Assessment
- NC-SARA– The National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements establishes to make interstate postsecondary distance-education more accessible.
- Test Scoring Services – Scantron tests used to measure student learning are scanned in the Office of Assessment.
- Student Course Evaluations – Student evaluations of courses are scanned in the Office of Assessment.
- MSC– The Multi-State Collaborative is an interstate initiative to assess student learning through the use of common rubrics.
- NSSE – The National Survey on Student Engagement is promoted by the Office of Assessment. It measures student engagement and skills gained from attending college.
Page last updated: 9/1/17