Aquaculture Research Center
The University of Maine Aquaculture Research Center (ARC) is located on the Orono campus of the University of Maine. ARC’s mission is to promote public education and advance the discovery, dissemination and application of knowledge for sustainable aquaculture. Our activities include:
- Conducting applied research.
- Providing educational outreach services to public, schools, and visitors.
- Providing training, workshops and educational opportunities, including hands-on work experience for undergraduates.
- Providing experiential learning opportunities.
- Building and strengthening cooperative relationships among commercial aquaculturists, NGOs, state and federal agencies.
- Working with the public, finfish, and shellfish growers to develop and refine aquaculture production for new and existing species.