Return to Layout View
Follow UMaine on Twitter
Join UMaine on Facebook
Watch UMaine on YouTube
Parents & Family
Apply to UMaine
Faculty Grants - 2007 Summer Grant Recipients
- Laura Artesani, Assistant Professor of Music, “The Role of Women in the Establishment of the Orff, Kodály and Dalcroze Approaches to Music Education in the United States” (research, $2000).
- Scott Eidelman, Assistant Professor of Psychology, “Women’s Self-Definition Following Success on a Gender-Typed Task” (research, $3000).
- Ngo Vinh Long, Professor of History, “Women’s Leadership and Participation in Social and Political Movements in South Vietnam” (research, $2525).
Other Types of Grants
- Marjorie Harris, Program Coordinator, Center on Aging, “Advanced Topics in Social Work: Clinical Practice with Older Adults” (curriculum development, $1800).
- Kirsten Jacobson, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, “Reading Seminal Texts of Feminist Philosophers in Continental Philosophy” (reading, $750).
- Nancy Lewis, Head of Reference at Fogler, and Instructor in Women’s Studies, “Women and Religion Course Development” (curriculum development, $2600).
- Robert Lilieholm, Associate Professor of Forest Resources, “Women, Gender, and Sustainable Development” (reading, $750).
- Andrea Maurey, Associate Professor of Art, “The Inclusion of the Female (Artist and Subject) in Drawing I and Drawing II” (curriculum development, $1500).
- Liam Riordan, Associate Professor of History, “Women and the American Revolution” (reading, $750).
Total = $15,675
Back to Faculty Grants
Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Program
101 Fernald Hall
Orono, Maine 04469
Phone: (207) 581-1228 | Fax: (207) 581-1218