Faculty Grants - 2000 Summer Grant Recipients
Seven individual faculty members received summer grants totaling $10,500 from the WIC/WST Program for the summer of 2000.
- Carolyn Bennett. Assistant Professor of Journalism and Mass Communication. “Mary McLeod Bethune’s columns in The Chicago Defender: Historical Contexts.” A research grant.
- Steven Evans. Assistant Professor of English. “Editing a Specific Issue of Differences: A Journal of Feminist Cultural Studies, on the Emergence of a Feminist Avant-Garde.” A research grant.
- Benjamin Friedlander. Assistant Professor of English. “The Centrality of Women’s Experience in the ‘Culture of Sensibility’.” A reading grant.
- Karen Horton. Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering Technology. “Developing a Loom Room in the School of Engineering Technology.” An academic climate grant.
- Naomi Jacobs. Professor of English. “Course Development for Women’s Studies 410: Feminist Theory.” A curriculum grant.
- Phillip Silver. Assistant Professor of Music. “Research into the Life of Alma Rose,” (who formed and directed the women’s orchestra at Auschwitz). A research grant.
- Nathan Stormer. Assistant Professor of Communication. “Revision of a course in Rhetorical Theory: Increasing the Presence of Women in the Tradition.” A curriculum grant.
Back to Faculty Grants