Malcolm L. Hunter, Jr. - Select Publications
- Hunter, M.L. Jr. and F. Schmiegelow. In press. Wildlife, forests, and forestry: Principles of managing forests for biological diversity. 2nd edition. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
- Hunter, M.L. D. Lindenmayer, and A. J.K. Calhoun. 2007. Saving the earth as a career: Advice on becoming a conservation professional. Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, United Kingdom. 200pp.
- Hunter, M.L. Jr. and J.P. Gibbs. 2007. Fundamentals of conservation biology, 3rd edition. Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, United Kingdom, 497pp.
- Hunter, M.L. Jr. (editor). 1999. Maintaining biodiversity in forest ecosystems. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, England. 698pp.
- Hunter, M.L. Jr., A. Calhoun and M. McCollough.(editors). 1999. Maine amphibians and reptiles. University of Maine Press, Orono, Maine. 252pp.
- Patrick, D.A., E.B. Harper, M.L. Hunter Jr, and A.J.K. Calhoun. 2008. Terrestrial habitat selection and strong density-dependent mortality in recently metamorphosed amphibians. Ecology 89:2563-2574.
- Beaudry, F., P. G. deMaynadier, M.L. Hunter Jr. 2008. Identifying road mortality threat at multiple spatial scales for semi-aquatic turtles. Biological Conservation 141:2550-2563.
- Campbell, S.P., J.W. Witham, and M.L. Hunter Jr. 2007. A long-term study on the effects of a selection timber harvest on a forest bird community in Maine. Conservation Biology 21:1218-1229.
- Elias, S.P., J. W. Witham, and M. L. Hunter, Jr. 2006. Impact of a group-selection timber harvest on a 22-year population fluctuation pattern in Clethrionomys gapperi. Journal of Mammalogy 87:440-445.
- Patrick, D.A., M.L. L. Hunter Jr., and A. J. K. Calhoun. 2006. Effects of experimental forestry treatments on a Maine amphibian community. Forest Ecology and Management 234:323-332.
- Perkins, D. W. and M.L. Hunter, Jr. 2006. Effects of riparian timber management on amphibian communities in Maine. Journal of Wildlife Management 70:657-670.
Back to Malcolm L. Hunter, Jr.