Malcolm L. Hunter, Jr. - Select Publications
- Hunter, M.L. Jr. and F. Schmiegelow. 2011. Wildlife, forests, and forestry: Principles of managing forests for biological diversity. 2nd edition. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
- Hunter, M.L. D. Lindenmayer, and A. J.K. Calhoun. 2007. Saving the earth as a career: Advice on becoming a conservation professional. Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, United Kingdom. 200pp.
- Hunter, M.L. Jr. and J.P. Gibbs. 2007. Fundamentals of conservation biology, 3rd edition. Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, United Kingdom, 497pp. (4th ed in preparation).
- Hunter, M.L. Jr. (editor). 1999. Maintaining biodiversity in forest ecosystems. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, England. 698pp.
- Hunter, M.L. Jr., A. Calhoun and M. McCollough.(editors). 1999. Maine amphibians and reptiles. University of Maine Press, Orono, Maine. 252pp.
- Popescu, V.D. and M.L. Hunter. 2011. Clearcutting affects habitat connectivity for a forest amphibian by decreasing permeability to juvenile movements. Ecological Applications 21:1283-1295.
- Campbell, S.P., J.W. Witham, and M.L. Hunter Jr. 2010. Stochasticity in avian habitat use: a test of deterministic explanations for habitat selection. Ecological Monographs 80:287-302.
- Hunter, M.L., Jr, E. Dinerstein, J. Hoekstra, and D. Lindenmayer. 2010. Conserving biodiversity in the face of climate change: A call to action. Conservation Biology 24:1169-1171.
- Beaudry, F., P. G. deMaynadier. M. L. Hunter, Jr. 2010. Identifying hot moments in road mortality risk for freshwater turtles. Journal of Wildlife Management 74:152-159.
- Politi, N., M.L. Hunter, Jr., and L. Rivera. 2009. Nest selection by cavity-nesting birds in subtropical montane forests of the Andes: some implications for sustainable forest management. Biotropica 41:354-360.
- Patrick, D.A., E.B. Harper, M.L. Hunter Jr, and A.J.K. Calhoun. 2008. Terrestrial habitat selection and strong density-dependent mortality in recently metamorphosed amphibians. Ecology 89:2563-2574.
- Hunter, M.L. Jr., M.J. Bean, D. B. Lindenmayer, and D. S. Wilcove. 2009. Thresholds and the mismatch between environmental laws and ecosystems. Conservation Biology 23:1053-1055.
Back to Malcolm L. Hunter, Jr.