The Wilson Center is located on College Ave, just a three-minute walk from the University of Maine campus. It is known to generations of UMaine students as “the A-frame on College Avenue.” The Wilson Center was founded in 1950 by Dorthy Wilson-Clark and Walter Clark . To read more about this and other events in our history go to our History page.
The purpose of the center is to provide a physical space available for students, faculty, and staff to use for spiritual/educational functions, meetings, and social gatherings. Its open meeting area can accommodate up to 70 people for meetings and special events, including weddings. In addition the Wilson Center has three residential rooms that are for rent to students and staff of The University of Maine.
On the Wilson Center grounds is the Elizabeth A. Morris Peace Garden, named in honor of the dynamic chaplain who served at the center from 1990-1993. Most importantly the Wilson Center is a place where everyone can feel welcomed and appreciated and through a sense of community, encourage and educate others about faith and life itself, a space where people’s opinions each hold value. Come and visit us!
Our facilities are available free for UMaine student group use and for rental by community members. Contact Sarah Marx at email@example.com for more information.