The Wilson Center – for spiritual exploration and multifaith dialogue
What is the Wilson Center?
The Wilson Center is an independent, progressive religious voice on campus. We have deep Christian roots AND we respect a wide variety of viewpoints and faith traditions. Our most central value is the equality of all people – we welcome people of all genders, gender identities, sexual orientations, races, religions, ethnicities, abilities and economic backgrounds. We believe that we as a community and as individuals are enriched by diversity. We welcome seekers, agnostics, questioners and traditional believers. We welcome interfaith and multicultural events of all kinds.
The Wilson Center Goals
- To work for peace- both globally and locally
- To reach out to all faiths and traditions and build true interfaith dialogue and programs
- To explore & celebrate religion together and to develop the kind of inclusive, progressive religion of which we would like to be a part
- To design (or cooperate with others in) local and global service projects that have meaning for our community
- To enhance communication across lines of ethnicity, culture, religion, theology, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and economic class
- To build worship services, ethics discussion groups, film series, dinners and other spiritual or social events that speak to the needs and desires of the UMaine community