What is the Wilson Center?
The Wilson center is an independent, progressive religious voice on campus. We have deep Christian roots AND we respect a wide variety of viewpoints and faith traditions. Our most central value is the equality of all people – we welcome people of all genders, gender identities, sexual orientations, races, religions, nationalities, abilities and economic backgrounds. We believe that we as a community and as individuals are enriched by diversity. We welcome seekers, agnostics, questioners and traditional believers.
Wilson Center Goals:
- To explore Christianity together and to develop the kind of inclusive, progressive Christianity of which we would like to be a part
- To reach out to other faiths and traditions and build true interfaith dialogue and programs
- To design (or cooperate with others in) local and global service projects that have meaning for our community
- To enhance communication across lines of ethnicity, culture, religion, theology, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and economic class
- To work for peace – both globally and locally
- To build worship services, ethics discussion groups, film series, dinners and other spiritual or social events that speak to the needs and desires of the UMaine community