Adding/Editing Pages - Using Custom Fields
The Custom Fields section is located directly under the content editing area. In UMaine’s templates, the Features Page uses custom fields from each of its sub-pages to lay out content. Step-by-step instructions on creating and populating a Features Page:
- Create a new page and set the template to Features Page, then Publish.
- Create a second page–this will become your first “feature.”
- Put in your title and content however you like.
- Set the Page Parent to the Features Page you created in Step 1.
- Set 2 Custom Fields as outlined below (Name -> Value):
- subtitle -> A sentence or two with a brief description of the article
- thumb -> The URL to a square thumbnail image. See How to Get the Thumbnail URL.
If your website does not yet use Custom Fields, you will see two blank text areas in which to type the Name and Value:
If you have existing pages with Custom Fields, you can select from existing Names in the drop-down menu, or hit “Enter New” to add a new Name:
Hit Add Custom Field to add a new Custom Field.
Use the Delete or Update buttons to delete/change an existing Custom Field: