Accessibility - Web Accessibility Checkers
Below is a list of free Web Accessibility Checkers for you to use for checking the accessibility of your web pages.
WAVE Toolbar – The WAVE Firefox toolbar provides a mechanism for running WAVE reports directly within Firefox. Because the toolbar reports runs entirely within your web browser, no information is sent to the WAVE server. This ensures 100% private and secure accessibility reporting. The toolbar can check intranet, password-protected, dynamically generated, or sensitive web pages. Also, because the WAVE toolbar evaluates the rendered version of your page, locally displayed styles and dynamically-generated content from scripts or AJAX can be evaluated.
AIS Web Accessibility Toolbar – The Web Accessibility Toolbar has been developed to aid manual examination of web pages for a variety of aspects of accessibility using Internet Explorer 5+ on a Windows operating system. It consists of a range of functions that:
- identify components of a web page
- facilitate the use of 3rd party online applications
- simulate user experiences
- provide links to references and additional resources
- Colour Contrast Analyser: This tool is for checking foreground & background colour combinations to determine if they provide good colour visibility. Determining “colour visibility” is based on algorithms suggested by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C):
- Complex Table Mark-up (com tab) Toolbar: This toolbar is an add-on to FireFox which can be used to:
- Reveal ‘headers’ and ‘id’ complex data table mark-up.
- Create such mark-up either manually or automatically.
- Create a linear version of the data table content.