Academic Year Services - Calendar
- School visits resume after the summer program.
- Seniors should be signing up for a Fall SAT or ACT. See UB counselors for fee waivers.
- College application process begins.
- Each November, UB programs from throughout the state of Maine attend an overnight event of workshops and community building. The Maine UB Rally moves from program to program each year, and offers a chance for UB students and staff to come together in one spot to celebrate and advocate for Upward Bound.
- SAT or ACT test dates for seniors in October, November and December.
- Copies of three applications due at UB office on December 31st from UB seniors. For more info check out Senior Expectations and Bridge Requirements.
- Guidance Counselor Day brings guidance professionals from our target schools to The University of Maine for a day long seminar. They learn about UB, changes in UB programming, and UB gains feedback about our connection with target schools and communities.
- TRiO Days is a national event that gathers students and staff from TRiO programs for a two days of fun, education and community building. The New England regional TRiO Days event rotates to Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island each year. For students, it’s a chance to connect with friends from UMaine UB, tour out of state colleges, and meet TRiO students from other states.
- Typically the last weekend of February vacation, the Winter Reunion gathers UMaine UB friends and family at a local bowling center.
- Copy of FAFSA due on February 14th from UB seniors.
- Staff and alumns of TRiO programs gather in Washington, D.C. to advocate for TRiO programs. Each group visits their senators and congresspeople to tell the story of TRiO success at The Council for Opportunity in Education’s Policy Seminar.
- The state of Maine has it’s own version of Policy Seminar as Maine TRiO students and professionals gather in Augusta for the Maine Hall of Flags day. On this day, TRiO visit with lawmakers in the Hall of Flags and sit in on legislative and committee sessions.
- SAT for Maine Juniors
- In April, proceeds from the 4th annual Upward Bound Art Auction created scholarships for Bridge students to begin their college experience. This is highlight of our fundraising efforts each spring, and is typically held on the last Friday of April.
- Prior to the summer program, UMaine UB holds its Spring Reunion & New Student Orientation. Here, students from prior summers reconnect – and new students and families learn more about the summer program.
- Summer program!