Skip Navigation

Who Qualifies For Tutoring

Any University of Maine student:

  • enrolled in a degree or certificate program and registered for at least six credit hours at the Orono campus.
  • seeking a tutor for an eligible 100/200 level, non-web based course that they are not taking pass\fail, as an independent study, or as an audit.

Also note:

  • Students who wish to be tutored in MAT 111, 115, 122, 126 or TME 152 MUST pass the UMaine Math Placement Exam for the course in which they are registered.  Click here for more information.
  • Students who require assistance in English courses or in writing papers are referred to the Writing Center on the fourth floor of Neville Hall.
  • Students who require English as a second language tutoring are referred to the Intensive English Institute in Hannibal Hamlin Hall.