Adventure Trips - Living With the Earth: beginner level, ages 9-11, not running in 2014
Experience & excitement of living on the land. Learn outdoor skills while exploring beautiful forests and waters.
Starting off close to our summer camp’s location the short first-leg allows campers a chance to grow accustomed to life on the trail and dedicate time to learning lots of new skills. The group then hikes down along the babbling Ducktrap River, before heading out to Pitcher Pond where they paddle canoes and explore the different ecosystems.
Campers hike approximately 2 miles each day with their packs and will cook outdoors every day. Other activities along the way include map and compass, swimming, astronomy, canoeing, story telling and nature study. This trip also includes lots of FUN!
- Trip level
- Introductory. Good physical condition is recommended
- Experience required
- Campers must be able to swim and feel comfortable on the water
- Departs from Lincolnville
- Not running in 2014
- “River crossing with backpacks”
- “Going canoeing and seeing all that wildlife on Pitcher Pond”
- “Pitching a tent is hard but when other people help it is a log easier”
- “Delicious food, surprisingly good”