Adventure Trips - Ducktrap Exploration: intermediate level, ages 11-13
From the mountains to the sea, this trip includes all the wonders of life on the coast of Maine.
Explore the forests, mountains, ponds, river and sea on this hiking and canoeing trip through the Ducktrap Wildlife Preserve. Campers will explore Pitcher and Knights Pond before bushwhacking to the seaside for tide pool explorations and ocean canoeing. Our most popular trip to observe wildlife and learn wilderness skills.
Along their journey from river to ocean, campers learn the skills necessary to travel lightly with the least impact and to find their way through forests without a trail.
- Trip level
- Intermediate. Good physical condition is important
- Departs from Lincolnville
- Experience required
- Campers must be able to swim and feel comfortable on the water. Some experience hiking and canoeing is recommended
- Wildlife sightings: “eagles, osprey, deer, beaver, turkey, otters, porcupines…trees and bog plants”
- “Food= Super Yummy”
- “Finding our way without a trail…only a compass”
Image Description: Canoeing on Pitcher Pond
Back to Adventure Trips