Adventure Trips - Appalachian Trail: advanced level, ages 13-15
Climbing to high altitudes and descending into deep valleys, this trip is the perfect expedition for those who really love hiking and the outdoors! Passing through amazing gorges and wilderness areas, participants encounter some truly breathtaking scenery.
Spend 5 days in the “100 Mile Wilderness,” learning all about Leave No Trace and lightweight backpacking. This trip wills tart at the south end of Nahmakanta Lake and continue south to the Gulf Hagas area, covering over 40 miles of the “wildest” section of the Appalachian Trail. The week is packed with personal and group challenges, great views and lots of fun. Participants experience what it means to carry all you need on your back and have the opportunity to meet through-hikers on their way to Katahdin or Georgia! This is a journey you will never forget!
- Trip level
- Advanced. Good physical condition is a requirement
- Experience required
- Previous hiking experience
- Departs from Lincolnville
- “We ate some of the best trail food ever”
- “Meeting new people and the Thru-hikers along the trail…neat stories”
- “Finding I could hike with 30lbs. of stuff on my back and it was fun”