Adventure Trips - Appalachian Trail: advanced level, ages 12-14
The AT experience begins in the Gulf Hagas region of Piscataquis County, near Brownville, and travels west to Borestone Mountain. Passing through amazing gorges and wilderness areas, campers encounter some truly breathtaking scenery.
The week is packed with personal and group challenges, great views and lots of fun. Campers experience what it means to carry all you need on your back and have the opportunity to meet through-hikers on their way to Katahdin or Georgia! This is a journey you will never forget! And on the way home, we’ll stop at a special shop for the biggest cinnamon rolls you’ve ever seen.
- Trip level
- Advanced. Good physical condition is a requirement
- Experience required
- Previous hiking experience
- Departs from Lincolnville
- “We ate some of the best trail food ever”
- “The sense of accomplishment at the top of every mountain, especially Chairback and the 3rd peak…Borestone”
- “Cloud Pond is amazing”
- “Meeting new people and the Thru-hikers along the trail…neat stories”
- “Finding I could hike with 30lbs. of stuff on my back and it was fun”