Register for Camp or Events
Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis, so early registration can be important if you are interested in a specific program or week of camp. If your chosen camp session is full, you may elect to be added to a waiting list.
- Register Online for any of our Summer Camp programs or Vacation Camps or to make additional payments on your current year balance if you initially registered online*! If you initially registered by mail or fax, please use the payment link below to make additional payments.
- Download a paper registration form for our Summer Camp programs that can be mailed or faxed.
- Download the parent packet to print and mail.
- click here to make a payment on an existing balance* (current or previous year no matter how you initially registered!)
- click here to register for our Homeschool Program
You can afford summer camp!
Tanglewood is committed to providing high quality summer camp experiences accessible to all Maine youth. To meet our goal, we offer two tuition options for Maine families and a separate rate for out-of-state families.
Summer camp tuition fees are listed as three values. For example, our Day Camp sessions are listed as:
$195 / $245 / $265
The first fee is applicable to Maine families with household income less than $69,999, the second to Maine families with household income of $70,000 or more and the third is for families from out of state.
We believe that the joys of summer camp should be accessible to all children, and understand that for many families the cost can be a great financial burden. Our scholarship program tries to help.
You may apply for a scholarship (part of the registration form) towards the fees for one program session each year. We try to help as many people as we can each year and scholarships are given based upon family need together with the availability of scholarship funds on a first come, first serve basis.
Scholarship priority is given to those Maine families with Adjusted Gross Incomes less than $40,000 per year, although all applications and circumstances will be considered. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship please complete the scholarship section when you register for camp. Applications are not complete until your deposit of $25 (non-refundable) has been received.
If a camp session is fully enrolled, you may elect to be placed on a waiting list in case places become available. The list is compiled in order of the date we receive registrations.
As soon as places become available we will contact you to see if you are still interested in coming to camp. Please be aware that availability can change at short notice.
If you are on the waiting list and do not get into camp, your deposit will be refunded to you.
Payment can be in the form of a check in the mail or via credit card (Mastercard, Discover or Visa) through our online registration process or at this site after you have registered online or by paper. If you wish you may pay in installments, so long as full payment is received by June 1st.
Checks should be made payable to “UMaine Tanglewood 4-H Camp”
Cancellations and Refunds
$50 is non-refundable, except if your child is placed on the waiting list. The balance of the tuition paid may be refunded providing the following conditions are met:
- The Tanglewood office is informed of your cancellation 30 days in advance of the start of the session.
- The refund is requested in writing by the parent or payee.