Tanglewood summer positions - Day camp counselor: Positions filled for 2013
Love working with young children? For eight weeks every summer, something very special happens in a remote corner of Tanglewood: Day Camp! Tanglewood’s day camp is a wonderful program designed especially for 4 to 8 year olds.
Day campers meet every day at between 7:30 and 9:00 AM at Big Pine Lodge. They play games, go for hikes, sing songs, learn about nature and have lots of fun just like older campers–just everything is designed especially for their age. Getting wet in the river, reading (and listening to) stories, and planting in the Big Pine rock garden are just a few of the highlights of this unique program. The daily program runs until 5:00 PM, though some families may opt to go home around 3:00 PM. We’ve built a siesta into the day to support afternoon nappers!
We look for staff who live locally and can commute to camp each day, however exceptions can be made for those who would like to join our day camp team from away.
- Flexible, creative, team layer, appreciate the natural world
- Completed senior year in high school
- Previous camp or related experience working with youth
- Ability to lead groups outdoors over various terrain
- First aid and Basic Life Support certification
- Preferred: canoe/boating experience, life guard certification
Requirements for Hiring
- Complete health screening and appropriate background checks
Dates & Compensation
- June 15/16-August 17, 2013 (9 weeks, including 1 week of staff training)
- $170/week (pre-tax), plus room and board during staff training week
- Additional pay bonus of $15/week for returning staff and $20/week for life guard certification
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer