Now Hiring! - Day camp counselor, Blueberry Cove
Love working with young children? Have a great imagination? Day camp is the place for you. For 10 weeks, our day camp is host to 24-30 4-12 year olds with programs geared toward young minds and bodies.
Day campers meet every day at between 7:30 and 9:00 AM at the Main Camp before settling in small groups to their very own education zone. Day campers play games, go for hikes, sing songs, learn about nature and have lots of fun just like older campers–just everything is designed especially for their age. Getting wet in the river or ocean, reading (and listening to) stories, looking after the bunnies, and planting in the camp gardens are just a few of the highlights of this unique program. The daily program ends differently at each camp with campers heading home between 3-5:00PM. We’ve built a siesta into the day to support afternoon nappers!
Being a day camp counselor takes more energy and patience than other roles in camp, and the rewards are great.
Day camp staff are encouraged to live at camp as part of the greater summer staff team, however they may commute in from local areas.
- Flexible, creative, team layer, appreciate the natural world
- Completed senior year in high school
- Previous camp or related experience working with youth
- Ability to lead groups outdoors over various terrain
- First aid and Basic Life Support certification
- Preferred: canoe/boating experience, life guard certification
Requirements for Hiring
- Complete health screening and appropriate background checks
Dates & Compensation
- June 15-August 16, 2014 (9 weeks, including 2 weeks of staff training); option of staying through August 29 as a counselor at Tanglewood’s extended day camp
- $190/week (pre-tax), plus room and board during staff training week
- Additional pay bonus of $15/week for returning staff and $20/week for life guard certification
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer