Employment - Summer internship opportunities
The following are the general guidelines that apply to our internship opportunities.
- has experience and a passion for working with youth
- models reverence and wonder for the natural world
- is striving to live a sustainable lifestyle
- has a strong working knowledge of desired focus area
- attended summer camp as a child and/or has been a camp counselor
- has a STRONG work ethic
- likes to CREATE…a visionary who can get things done!
- has high energy, enjoys playing and discovering, and can be silly
- is in college with completed course work in focus area
- has current first aid / CPR training / Lifeguard
Important Note: An intern can learn about the content/curriculum of a focus area, but a strong desire to work with youth comes from within. An intrinsic interest in and ability to work with youth is more important than focus area knowledge! We will consider applicants who need extra training if they have a proven history of outstanding work with youth!
General Internship Description
Internships are 9-10 weeks long, including a 1 or 2 week training session. At Blueberry Cove Interns live in cabins or tents with campers for 6.5 weeks. The summer schedule is demanding with little personal time off except during weekends.
- $1200 plus room and board
- Possible AmeriCorps Education Award ($1100 – $1400), available on first come first serve basis
- Additional pay TBD for lifeguard certification and/or wilderness trip leader experience.
Interested candidates should contact:
Blueberry Cove: Shelby Downing at email@example.com or 207-460-2176
Steps to securing an internship:
- Call or e-mail appropriate contact person
- Complete an Application
- Provide 3 letters of reference
- Provide a copy of your transcript
- Schedule an interview
We hope to share a Tanglewood / Blueberry Cove adventure with you this summer!