How to Search for Courses
How to search for courses:
- You may search for all courses offered using MaineStreet which is our online roadmap to the University of Maine system. The Mainestreet Portal is the best way to get up-to-date course listings.
- Go to www.umaine.edu and click on MaineStreet from the top menu and log in.
- Click on Class Search
- Use the Class Search feature to search for classes within a specific institution and term. Choose an institution and term from the drop-down boxes.
- Type in name of the Subject.
- Click on Search to display a list of available classes.
- You may leave the “Course Subject” box blank. In this case when you click on Search, all the courses offered at the institution for the selected term will be listed.
- Scroll through the list to identify the course you are interested in. Click on the Section of the selected class.
- Take note of the relevant registration details, such as the Course Number, Class Name, Section Number and number of Credits. You will need these to fill in the Registration form.
How to register for courses
- Having identified the desired courses, you can now begin the process of registration.
- Select the Ways to Register menu item. Choose your preferred way to register
- Tuition for courses that are affiliated with the University of Maine is billed to you. Please visit the bursar for more financial information.
- If you would like assistance in choosing a course, please schedule an appointment with our Academic Advisor, Barbara Howard. To make an appointment, please call 207-581-3143, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Obtain your books by calling the bookstore of the campus that your course(s) comes from.
UMaine (Orono) Bookstore