Skip Navigation
Return to Layout View | Home | A-Z Directory | my UMaine | MaineStreet | Campus Map | Calendar
Follow UMaine on Twitter | Join UMaine on Facebook | Watch UMaine on YouTube | Admissions | Parents & Family | Emergency

Student Employment

Site Navigation:

Graduate Assistantships

There are two types of graduate assistantships available on campus: Federal Work-Study Graduate Assistantships and Regular Graduate Assistantships. The Office of Student Employment handles Federal Work-Study Graduate Assistantships only. Regular assistantships are processed through the hiring department and the graduate school.

Departments on campus are eligible to nominate a graduate student employee for a Federal Work-Study Graduate Assistantship. The department that offers the Assistantship will be responsible for 25% of the stipend, Federal Work-Study funds will cover the remaining 75%. In addition the department will be responsible for the tuition waiver (up to 9 credits per semester).

Federal Work-Study Graduate Assistanships

Student Eligibility

Nomination Process

Important Notes

For additional inquiries regarding Federal Work-Study Graduate Assistantships, please contact the Office of Student Employment at (207) 581-1349.

Image Description:


Additional Links

Contact Information

Student Employment
5781 Wingate Hall
Orono, Maine 04469
Phone: (207) 581-1349 | Fax: (207) 581-3261E-mail:
The University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469