Skip Navigation
Return to Layout View | Home | A-Z Directory | my UMaine | MaineStreet | Campus Map | Calendar
Follow UMaine on Twitter | Join UMaine on Facebook | Watch UMaine on YouTube | Admissions | Parents & Family | Emergency

Student Employment

Site Navigation:

Complete Required Paperwork - Federal I-9

All students who have not worked for the University in the past 12 months must complete the Federal I-9 Form. The Federal I-9 is the Employment Eligibility Verification document. You must complete this form in person at the Office of Student Employment.

You must provide two (2), original, unexpired forms of identification at the time you complete the form. One document must prove your identity. Most common examples are a driver’s license or your MaineCard. The second document must prove your employment eligibility. Most common examples are a birth certificate or a social security card. A passport fulfills both requirements. For a complete list of acceptable documents, please refer to page 5 of the form.

Please click here to download the Federal I-9 Form but DO NOT complete prior to visiting either the Office of Student Employment or the Payroll Office as this form must be completed in person.

If this form is not submitted to the Office of Student Employment within 3 days of beginning work, the student MUST stop working and will not be paid until the form is complete.

Next to Direct Deposit Form

Previous to Federal and State of Maine W-4

Back to Complete Required Paperwork


Additional Links

Contact Information

Student Employment
5781 Wingate Hall
Orono, Maine 04469
Phone: (207) 581-1349 | Fax: (207) 581-3261E-mail:
The University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469