Skip Navigation
Return to Layout View | Home | A-Z Directory | my UMaine | MaineStreet | Campus Map | Calendar
Follow UMaine on Twitter | Join UMaine on Facebook | Watch UMaine on YouTube | Admissions | Parents & Family | Emergency

Student Employment

Site Navigation:

Student Employment Eligibility


University of Maine students who are enrolled in a degree-granting program at least half time (see below) are eligible to work as a student employee. Also, students enrolled at another institution are eligible to work as a student employee provided they show proof of enrollment to their employer.

Half-Time Enrollment, per Semester (Fall, Spring, Summer):

Undergraduate: at least 6 credits
Graduate: at least 3 credits or 1 thesis credit

To work during the summer term, students must be enrolled at least half-time for the summer term or the following fall semester.

Image Description: Website pic1


Additional Links

Contact Information

Student Employment
5781 Wingate Hall
Orono, Maine 04469
Phone: (207) 581-1349 | Fax: (207) 581-3261E-mail:
The University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469