Skip Navigation
Return to Layout View | Home | A-Z Directory | my UMaine | MaineStreet | Campus Map | Calendar
Follow UMaine on Twitter | Join UMaine on Facebook | Watch UMaine on YouTube | Admissions | Parents & Family | Emergency

Student Financial Aid

Site Navigation:

Federal Work Study


The Federal Work Study program provides students with the opportunity to work part-time and earn a paycheck. The total amount of work study awarded is what the student is eligible to earn for the academic year. Students who wish to accept work study should do so on MaineStreet. Students can find employment using an online job search hosted by the Office of Student Employment, seeking out jobs in their departments or just asking around to see who may be hiring.  Non-work study jobs may also be available for students who were not awarded Federal Work Study.

For information on available jobs and the procedure for beginning work as well as for general assistance and guidance, please visit the Office of Student Employment website, stop by their office in Wingate Hall or call (207) 581-1349 during office hours (Monday – Friday, 10am – 4:30pm).

Back to Types of Aid


Additional Links

Contact Information

Student Financial Aid
5781 Wingate Hall
Orono, Maine 04469
Phone: (207) 581-1324 | Fax: (207) 581-3261E-mail:
The University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469