Skip Navigation

Applying For Financial Aid - How Do I Revise my FAFSA?

If you have changes to make to the FAFSA, including if you filed using estimated information and if you want to add UMaine to your list of schools who receive your FAFSA, you will need to make corrections to your FAFSA. You can make these corrections using Corrections on the Web even if you filed a paper FAFSA as long as you have a PIN. If you do not have a PIN, contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243.

You may only change items on the FAFSA that were incorrect as of the day you signed the FAFSA.

You cannot change:

  • Your Social Security Number. If your Social Security Number is incorrect, you must complete a new application.
  • Your financial information, unless it was incorrect as of the day your FAFSA was submitted.

If you or your parents are making a correction to your financial information because you initially filed using estimated information, make sure to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to upload your tax information.  This will ensure that we recieve the most accurate tax information.

If you have changes which have happened since you filed your FAFSA or if you believe you have additional information which was not indicated on your FAFSA, please see the section on Special Circumstances.

You will receive a new Student Aid Report each time you make corrections on your FAFSA and your award package may change based on these changes.

Next to What if I Missed the Priority Filing Deadline?

Previous to What is the Expected Family Contribution (EFC)?



Back to Applying For Financial Aid