Skip Navigation
Return to Layout View | Home | A-Z Directory | my UMaine | MaineStreet | Campus Map | Calendar
Follow UMaine on Twitter | Join UMaine on Facebook | Watch UMaine on YouTube | Admissions | Parents & Family | Emergency

Student Financial Aid

Site Navigation:

Applying For Financial Aid - What is a PIN and How Do I Get One?

Both you and your parents have the option of using a PIN to electronically sign the FAFSA. If you are a dependent student, your parent must sign the FAFSA as well. To determine dependency status, visit the FAFSA website. Failure to sign your FAFSA will result in delay of processing and may result in loss of aid.

PINs can be requested at In addition to signing your FAFSA electronically, your PIN allows you to:

Next to How Do I Know if I Am a Dependent Student?

Previous to What is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)?

Back to Applying For Financial Aid


Additional Links

Contact Information

Student Financial Aid
5781 Wingate Hall
Orono, Maine 04469
Phone: (207) 581-1324 | Fax: (207) 581-3261E-mail:
The University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469