Resources for Studnet Leaders and Advisers
CONSULTATIONS FOR STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS AND/OR ADVISERS
Within the Wade Center for Student Leadership, staff members are available to consult with student leaders and advisers to assistant with group dynamics, planning, training and conflicts. The Wade Center staff is available during the academic year.
Topics from past consultations have included:
- Assisting with re-structuring the organization
- Getting an advisor more active with your group
- Retaining the membership of your organization
- Re-working meeting processes and agendas to gain more participation
- Diversity training for your members
- Creative approaches to fund raising, etc.
- Consultations are focused on the identified needs of the organization.
Call (207) 581-4183 to make arrangements for a consultation.
Planning a trip with your organization?
The following documents are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. To request a hard copy of any of these documents, please contact 581-1736.
Domestic travel: complete the following forms and file them with the SOLD office:
- Advisor Checklist for Student Travel (PDF)
- Student Travel Information & Roster Form (PDF)
- Release & Assumption of Risk (PDF) (Reverse side of Roster Form)
International travel: visit the SOLD office or call 581-4183 for more information
****Note: Until the appropriate paperwork is filed with the Office of Student Organizations and Leader Development, student groups cannot rent motor-pool vehicles, or receive funding for travel.
Visit our Advisor’s Corner to learn how you can best assist your student organization!
Click here for helpful links on leadership development