Staff from the Office for Student Organizations & Leader Development (SOLD) attend meetings of student organizations and assist with problem-solving specific concerns or issues with the organization.
Topics from past consultations have included:
- Assisting with re-structuring the organization
- Getting an advisor more active with your group
- Retaining the membership of your organization
- Re-working meeting processes and agendas to gain more participation
- Diversity training for your members
- Creative approaches to fund raising, etc.
- Consultations are focused on the identified needs of the organization.
Call (207) 581-4183 to make arrangements for a consultation.
Planning a trip with your organization?
The following documents are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. To request a hard copy of any of these documents, please contact 581-1736.
Domestic travel: complete the following forms and file them with the SOLD office:
- Advisor Checklist for Student Travel (PDF)
- Student Travel Information & Roster Form (PDF)
- Release & Assumption of Risk (PDF) (Reverse side of Roster Form)
International travel: visit the SOLD office or call 581-4183 for more information
****Note: Until the appropriate paperwork is filed with the Office of Student Organizations and Leader Development, student groups cannot rent motor-pool vehicles, or receive funding for travel.
Visit our Advisor’s Corner to learn how you can best assist your student organization!
Click here for helpful links on leadership development