Faculty and Staff - Mario Teisl
Office: 207 Winslow Hall
Director and Professor
Ph.D. Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of Maryland
Information Policy; Environmental and Health Marketing/Labeling; Valuation Economics;
International Environmental Policy; Technology Acceptance
Mario has won several UMaine awards: Graduate Dean’s Recognition Award for Extraordinary Service to Graduate Studies (2012) and the Outstanding Researcher Award from the College of Natural Sciences, Forestry and Agriculture (2002). Mario served on the Faculty Senate from 2004-2007.
Mario also won an appreciation award for his work on food safety from the Prevention Effectiveness Program, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2006
In the summer of 2009 Mario was an Invited Researcher at the French National Institute for Agricultural Research, Nancy Research Centre in collaboration with Lorraine University and the French Institute of Forestry, Agricultural and Environmental Engineering In 2005-06, Mario was awarded a year-long Teaching/Research Fulbright Scholar Award at the University of Zagreb Croatia.
Mario has been an active reviewer, or on editorial boards for several journals and granting agencies (e.g., U.S. EPA; ) and an editor of books (e.g., Labelling Strategies in Environmental Policy).
Links to Web Pages
- School for Policy and International Affairs
- IGERT Program, Adaptaition to Abrupt Climate Change
- Sustainability and Consumption: Virtual Community
- Google Scholar Page
- Mitchell Center for Sustainability Solutions
- Fall 2012 ECO 450 International Environmental Economics and Policy – Syllabus (PDF)
- Fall 2013 ECO 117 Issues and Opportunities in Economics – Syllabus 2 (PDF)