Skip Navigation
Return to Layout View | Home | A-Z Directory | my UMaine | MaineStreet | Campus Map | Calendar
Follow UMaine on Twitter | Join UMaine on Facebook | Watch UMaine on YouTube | Admissions | Parents & Family | Apply | Give Now | Emergency


Site Navigation:

Academics - Sociology Major/Minor/Concentration How-To’s

To declare a Sociology major or minor, or a concentration, you will need to complete the College/Major/Minor/Concentration form found on the UMaine Student Records website.

Click here for form.

After completing the form, bring it to the Sociology Department office for the chair’s signature and from our office we will send it along to the correct office(s) for completion. Note that if you are changing your major, you may need to also get the signature of the outgoing department chair. We have paper copies in the Sociology Department office if you would prefer to complete the form in that way. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the Sociology Department office at 581-2380 or


Back to Academics


Find us on Facebook

Contact Information

5728 Fernald Hall, Room 201
The University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469
Phone: (207) 581-2380 | Fax: (207) 581-1762E-mail:
The University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469
A Member of the University of Maine System