Skip Navigation

MSW Admission - Financial Aid

Financial aid which is not specific to the School of Social Work is available through the University’s Financial Aid Office. BASW and MSW students should check the Student Financial Aid Office web page or call 207-581-1324 for a financial aid packet.

Graduate Assistantships: A limited number of graduate assistantships are available through the School of Social Work, based on faculty research interest and funding. Students are notified of School assistantships as available. Other graduate assistantships are also available through the Graduate School, Residential Life, the Division of Lifelong Learning, and other University of Maine departments.

Scholarships: Several scholarships are available for graduate students at the University of Maine. Each year, the School of Social Work may nominate up to three current MSW students for Trustee Tuition Waivers. Canadian students who are graduates of an Atlantic Provinces college or university are eligible for the Atlantic Provinces Tuition Waiver. A limited number of Tuition Waiver Scholarships are also available to international students. Tuition waiver scholarships provide tuition scholarship for up to 18 credit hours. See the Graduate School for additional information.

Back to MSW Admission