Guide to Campus Living - Pest Management
- Screens are in place to prevent bugs and other debris from entering a student room when windows are open. For safety, security, and to prevent infestation, no screen may be removed. If a screen comes loose for any reason, students should immediately submit a maintenance request.
- Property Management proactively works to control pests in the residence halls. Students play a significant role in keeping pests out of residence halls.
- Room cleanliness is essential when it comes to pest management. Making sure to empty trash regularly and remove open food containers from the room immediately after use are the most proactive ways to avoid pests. Collecting empty cans can attract pests very quickly, be sure to recycle them regularly.
- If a resident suspects bed bugs, the resident should call Property Management immediately at 581-4444.
- The Property Management Office currently has a contract with Proactive Pest, who implements an Integrated Pest Management System to regularly inspect and spray all the residence halls for ants, beetles, silverfish and cockroaches.
- Modern Pest also services the halls on a weekly basis for any other issues that may arise concerning pests. Any request for special pest control services should be directed to the Property Management Office at 581-4444.
- If you would like information on any of the following pests, or treatment of them, please contact Property Management at 581-4444, (a) Ants: crazy ants, field and yellow ants, little black ants, thief ants, pavement ants, pharaoh ants (b) Bed Bugs (c) Fruit Flies (d) Beetles (e) Silverfish (f) Cockroaches (g) Rodents.
Back to Guide to Campus Living