Guide to Campus Living - Microfridge/Washer/Dryer/Vending Policies
- Students are permitted to have only one refrigerator per residence hall room.
- In apartments, no additional refrigerators are permitted as one is provided by the University.
- Refrigerator units should not be more than 4 cubic feet and must be UL or FM approved, must be properly grounded and may not exceed a power draw of 10amps.
- The university provides grounded outlets.
- In order to have a microwave in the room, a resident must rent or purchase the Microfridge unit from University Logistics. This Microfridge unit allows for the safe draw of electrical power to the student room as it is designed specifically for residence hall rooms in large buildings.
- Students may NOT bring a personal microwave unit to the halls. However, two microwaves are provided in the public lounge of each residence hall. Thus, many students may not feel the need to have a personal microwave in their room.
New for the 2011-2012 academic year, all residential students will receive $25.00 per semester in laundry monies, provided by Auxiliary Services. This money will automatically be provided on the student’s MaineCard account and is equivalent to 10 full loads of laundry per semester (10 washes, 10 dries).
- For issues with washers and dryers (provided and serviced by MacGray) please call Property Management at 581-4444. For problems that result in loss of money from a washer or dryer please call 1-800-622- 4729.
- For issues with soda vending machines (provided by Coca-Cola) please call Property Management at 581-4444. For problems that resulted in loss of money from the soda machine please call 942-5546.
- For issues with food vending (provided by Athearn Food Products) please call Property Management at 581-4444. For problems that resulted in loss of money from the food vending machine please call 1-800-649-1931.