Faculty Research Funds Program
5703 Alumni Hall, Rm 209
The purpose of the Faculty Research Fund Program is to assist faculty in establishing or maintaining high quality research programs and other creative achievements. The Vice President for Research provides funds for this program. Eligibility is limited to full-time faculty. This includes tenured, tenure-eligible, and soft-money faculty for whom research is an expected component of their appointment.
There are three competitions held annually: The Regular Faculty Research competition supports work that can be completed in one year and provides research support other than faculty salaries; the Scholarly Materials and Equipment competition is for the acquisition of equipment or library collections; and the Summer Faculty Research competition provides $7,500 awards for faculty summer salaries for a minimum of 1.5 months research effort. Recipients are selected based on recommendations by the Faculty Research Funds Committee. The Committee also recommends the recipient of the Presidential Research & Creative Achievement Award. This award is made to a faculty member who has attained distinction in research or creative achievement.
- Faculty Research Funds Committee Membership: Current membership listing.
- Annual Reports: Listings of proposals submitted and funded
- FY 2014 Deadline Dates and Program Information
- Regular Faculty Research competition (Word Document)
- Scholarly Materials and Equipment competition (Word Document)
- Summer Faculty Research Fund competition (Word Document) DEADLINE CHANGED TO FEBRUARY 28, 2014
- Presidential Research and Creative Achievement Award (Word Document) DEADLINE CHANGED TO MARCH 3, 2014