It’s almost April: time to kick your job search into high gear. Here are five websites to help you search for a full time position or internship experience (as recognized by Alison Doyle from About.com; see link below)
1) Glassdoor.com: Glassdoor is a career community that helps people find jobs and companies recruit top talent. Glassdoor members can find Inside Connections at a company through their Facebook network, see the latest job listings, as well as get access to proprietary user-generated content including company-specific salary reports, ratings and reviews, CEO approval ratings, interview questions and reviews, office photos, and more.
2) US.jobs: As the website of the National Labor Exchange, US.jobs is derived from a partnership between DirectEmployers Association and the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) designed to improve the labor market and directly connect employers and job seekers. Job seekers using US.jobs for their employment search have access to a database of 1.1 million unduplicated, verified positions from 110,000 nationwide employers.
3) Monster.com: Monster is one of the original job boards and has expanded to include a variety of other resources and apps for job seekers. Monster users can search for an apply for jobs online, post a resume, review company profiles, and get salary information and career advice. In addition, Monster’s Facebook app BeKnown provides an easy way for job seekers to search for and apply for jobs without leaving Facebook. The app is fully integrated with Facebook, but enables users to keep their personal Facebook information private.
4) CareerBuilder.com: CareerBuilder is among the leading job boards, providing job listings, resume posting, and career advice and resources to job seekers. CareerBuilder has partnered with many newspapers to provide local as well as national job listings. CareerBuilder powers the career sites for more than 10,000 Web sites, including 140 newspapers and leading portals such as MSN and AOL.
5) TweetMyJobs.com: TweetMyJobs is the leading global social and mobile recruiting platform. Users receive highly relevant job matches and control where the matches are delivered (i.e. social media, email, text, etc.) and how frequently the matches are delivered (i.e. instantaneously, daily, weekly, etc.). TweetMyJobs’s cutting edge mobile application for iOS and Android, leverages augmented reality and GPS technologies to provide job seekers with an easy way to find local jobs. TweetMyJobs pushes jobs into Twitter through more than 10,000 job channels segmented by geography, job type and industry giving the service an unequaled ability to instantaneously connect employers and recruiters with targeted job candidates.
Website descriptions are copied from Alison Doyle’s About.com Job Search webpage: see http://jobsearch.about.com/od/rca/tp/best-job-sites-2013.htm