Scholarship - Pre-Service Application
Scholarship for Maine’s Multicultural Educators
Pre-Service (Future) Teachers Enrolled in a Teacher Preparation Program
Application Materials Include:
- Completed online application.
- A letter of commitment indicating how you meet the admission criteria; why Project Reach should consider you for the scholarship and tuition waiver award; why this funding is important to you and how it will affect you as an individual (maximum two (2) doubled-spaced pages, 12 point font).
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a faculty member, instructor, superintendent, department head or supervisor. The letter of recommendation should elaborate on the applicant’s academic ability; commitment to the program; their desire to seek employment in a Maine K-12 public school system; understanding of diversity issues; and overall potential. In addition, please state the applicant’s greatest strengths and areas you feel require further development in respect to the education profession? Also indicate the extent of your acquaintance with the applicant.
- Recent college transcripts (unofficial copies accepted).
- Most recent Praxis I scores (or equivalent test scores).
Application Submission: Click here to submit your application. All applications must be submitted electronically.