Resources - Web Links
Informational resources ranging from bilingual documents for Spanish speakers to educational associations.
Maine Web Links
- Center For Applied Linguistics (CAL) - Improving communication through better understanding of language and culture.
- National Association for Bilingual Education (NABE) -The only national professional organization devoted to representing Bilingual Learners and Bilingual Education professionals.
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition (NCELA) - Collects, coordinates and conveys a broad range of research and resources in support of an inclusive approach to high quality education for ELLs.
- Northern New England Teachers of English as a Second Language (NNETESOL) – An affiliate of the global association of Teachers for Speakers of Other Languages, Inc. (TESOL Inc.), serves Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont.
- Office of English Language Acquisition (OELA)- Establishes and implements policy and national dissemination efforts of the bilingual education programs that serve the limited English proficient (LEP) children and adults.
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) – A global association for English language teaching professionals headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, USA.
- WIDA Consortium (World-Class Instructional Design and Assessment) – Supports academic language development and academic achievement for linguistically diverse students through high quality standards, assessments, research, and professional development for educators.
Back to Resources