Resources - Web Links
Informational resources ranging from bilingual documents for Spanish speakers to educational associations.
Maine Web Links
- Clyde Russell Scholarship Fund – Created by the Maine Education Association through a trust established by the late Audrey Lewis.
- Department of Education English as a Second Language and Bilingual Programs – Serving English Learners in Maine Schools
- “ESL in Maine” Blog – Shared information, resources, troubleshooting, tips, best practices, questions answered
- Portland Public Schools Multilingual & Multicultural Center – Oversees Portland Public Schools’ English Language Acquisition Program for students whose home language is not English.
- University of Maine’s Intensive English Institute – Offers students the opportunity to study English in a university environment with access to all campus resources.
- University of Maine, Office of Equal Opportunity – Promotes a campus climate supportive of equity and diversity through advice, education, and intervention.
- University of Southern Maine – Offers ESL endorsement coursework and certification
- Center For Applied Linguistics (CAL) - Improving communication through better understanding of language and culture.
- National Association for Bilingual Education (NABE) -The only national professional organization devoted to representing Bilingual Learners and Bilingual Education professionals.
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition (NCELA) - Collects, coordinates and conveys a broad range of research and resources in support of an inclusive approach to high quality education for ELLs.
- Northern New England Teachers of English as a Second Language (NNETESOL) – An affiliate of the global association of Teachers for Speakers of Other Languages, Inc. (TESOL Inc.), serves Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont.
- Office of English Language Acquisition (OELA)- Establishes and implements policy and national dissemination efforts of the bilingual education programs that serve the limited English proficient (LEP) children and adults.
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) – A global association for English language teaching professionals headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, USA.
- WIDA Consortium (World-Class Instructional Design and Assessment) – Supports academic language development and academic achievement for linguistically diverse students through high quality standards, assessments, research, and professional development for educators.
- Colorin Colorado: A bilingual site for families and educators of English Language Learners
- ESL Magazine Online: The information sources for ESL and EFL professionals
- Federal Resources for Educational Excellence (FREE): Teaching and learning resources from federal agencies
- Karin’s ESL Partyland: A fun place to learn English as a Second Language!
- Learn English as a Second Language Online
- United Plant: A community beyond boarders (free multicultural presentations)
- GrammarCheck: a grammar and spell check website(Free)