Printing Services is happy to assist doctoral candidates and graduate students in printing dissertations and theses for submission to committees, the graduate school and Fogler Library.
• We stock 8-1/2″ x 11″ Strathmoore, bright white, 24 lb, 25% cotton (rag) for final copies.
• For draft versions, we recommend our house stock, International Paper’s 20# Report Multipurpose paper which is long-term stable, made from 100% sustainable eucalyptus fiber and is FSC certified, elemental Chlorine Free.
• Our digital copies meet the Graduate School’s “letter quality” criteria.
Tips for submitting a thesis or dissertation for printing:
• Format your document as a standard 8-1/2″ x 11″ U.S. sheet.
• Un-link any live URLs or e-mail addresses and/or convert these to black text. (If left “live” or in blue text, the page will print as a color copy and incur a higher cost for your job.)
• Convert your electronic file to a press quality PDF. (This will embed fonts and preserve graphics at a print-quality resolution.)
• When submitting your order, list any pages that will run as color copies, opposed to black and white.
Visit our online ordering page for additional information and to place an order or request for estimate.
The average cost of a single-sided, 150-page thesis, black only, on Report multipurpose paper, from a PDF file, is approximately $27 for a single copy.
The average cost of a single-sided, 150-page thesis, black only, on 25% rag content paper, from a PDF file, is approximately $33 for a single copy.
• Additional costs may be incurred if the file is submitted in a format other than PDF.
• Additional costs are incurred for color copies. Please see our Pricing page for per copy color copy costs.
• To receive a free estimate to print your thesis, please call our customer service numbers at 581-3768 or 581-3765.
• Prior to ordering, check with your department regarding the availability of funds to assist students with printing their final thesis or dissertation.
Printing Services can comb, coil or wire bind your thesis/dissertation draft.
Many departments on campus use Bridgeport National Bindery for formal thesis binding services. Fogler Library serves as the central location on campus for delivery of theses to and from this bindery.
For additional information about getting your thesis bound, please contact your advisor or your department’s primary administrative personnel to learn more about coordinating this process. Visit the Fogler Library Web site at http://www.library.umaine.edu/techserv/Serials/Binding/theses.htm for bind slip instructions. (This link will open in a new window.)
For a full set of UMaine Graduate School thesis guidelines, please visit: http://www2.umaine.edu/graduate/content/File/Thesisguidelines.pdf. (This link will open in a new window.)