Arts and Culture
- UMaine is the cultural hub of northern, eastern and central Maine.
- The Collins Center for the Arts is eastern Maine’s premier performing arts venue, home to the 1,435-seat Hutchins Concert Hall and the two-story Hudson Museum.
- The Hudson Museum houses the William P. Palmer III Collection, a world-class collection of pre-Columbian and Northwest Coast artifacts.
- The University of Maine Museum of Art houses works from UMaine’s permanent collection, including significant pieces by Warhol, Marin, Homer and Picasso.
- Since 1999, the New Writing Series has brought today’s most innovative authors and poets to campus for readings and close interaction with students.